About Remote Year
Remote Year is a company that enables travelers to take their lives on the road and work remotely from different cities around the world. They offer 12 month and 4 month itineraries. The common misconception? Remote Year does not supply a job, you come with your own! I was lucky enough to kick off the year with my same position as in Boston.
Remotes pay a monthly fee and are provided with the following:
- An apartment with bed, bath, and kitchen. In some cities, it will be a 1-person apartment, and in others, a 2 or 3 person place.
- A shared workspace with steady Wi-Fi. The program prides itself on ensuring you have reliable connection to get your work done.
- Travel to the next destination. If you only carry 1 20kg bag and one carry-on, you will not pay a dime to get from month to month.
- Local experience. Each month, you get the choice of one local experience paid for by Remote Year.
- Volunteer opportunities. Each city, has a Positive Impact partner that you can take part in. In Cape Town, we will volunteer at a local school of music.
- A calendar of events and local trips. You can seriously not fit everything in that people put together, from penguin tours, to photography tours to safaris, lunches, and beach trips.
- City guides. Each city provides local experts who can fill you in on language, culture FYIs, and safety tips.
I am currently travelling with Remote Year’s Parea. We are a lively bunch of 31 remotes, ranging from 22-56 in age. This is really made for anyone, you could do it too!
Please use my referral link to learn more about RY!